Claims Specialist - Applicant Pool
- Closing Date: N/A
- Rate of Pay: Salary
- Positions Available: 0
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 35
- Schedule: Days
We are currently looking for an applicant pool for any upcoming APD Claims Specialist roles
This role is typically responsible for reviewing, analyzing, evaluating and negotiating minor to moderate claims related to losses including accident benefits administration.
What you will do:
- Monitor and respond to claims at all transaction levels including coverage, interpretation, evaluation, reserve adjustments, payments, written and verbal communication and internal reporting requirements.
- Review claim queries and complaints and take action where necessary.
- Coordinate support where required, when managing complex queries or complaints.
- Ensure fulfillment of claims satisfaction with insured through investigative techniques and work towards correcting deficiencies where possible.
- Communicate company positioning on issues to insureds, brokers and vendor partners.
Tools / Technologies:
- Working knowledge and ability of reading and interpreting all relevant policy wordings including the OAP, and most OPCF endorsements
- Working understanding of reserve calculation and exposure practices
- Working understanding of liability exposure and subrogation opportunities
- Working understanding of vendor network and required coordination in effective claims resolution
- Working knowledge of injury exposure and required reporting processes
- Access to a private, quiet, remote workstation, with reliable internet access.
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma is required.
- Great organizational skills and the ability to multitask is required.
- Thorough attention of detail is a must to ensure accuracy of claims documents, policy coverage interpretation and recognition of financial exposure.
- Ability to perform moderate mathematical calculations is required.
- Effective communication skills: verbal, non-verbal and written.
- Sound morals, ethics and confidentiality with ability to develop trusting and effective working relationships with peers and employees.
- The ability to exercise confidentiality and empathy are required when dealing with insureds and claimants.
- Strong problem-solving skills and negotiating skills are required for this position.
- Strong computer literacy, proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs and Internet navigation.
Perks & Benefits
- Health insurance coverage
- Life insurance coverage
- Dental care insurance coverage
- Vision care insurance coverage
- Performance bonuses
- Retirement benefit plans
- Medical, prescription, dental, and vision plans
- Short term disability insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Advantageous pension plan
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Matching retirement contributions
- Paid holidays
- Competitive wages
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement or payment for seminars and classes
- Professional association meeting, conference or seminar expense
- Training opportunities
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Wellness programs
- Employee referral bonus
- Paid volunteer days a year
- Service recognition program
- Discounts on company products and services
- Flexible work hours
- 5 Day work weeks
- Flexible work environment